A mistake is a mistake only if you don’t learn from it. But email marketing mistakes can be pretty disastrous. So, if you can avoid them, you should.
As most email marketers will tell you, they’ve all had hiccups at one point or another while trying to craft the perfect email campaign. In this article, we’ll look at 10 common issues that marketers deal with while trying to create email marketing campaigns. Then, we’ll give you tips on how to avoid them.
What you should know about email marketing mistakes
Email marketing mistakes cause panic frequently enough that we’ve produced a based on survey responses. Here are some of our key takeaways:
- Pre-deployment testing prevents problems: Errors increase when isn’t done on every email. We discovered that six in 10 respondents who didn’t test every email reported sending an email with at least one mistake.
- Larger email teams use pre-deployment lists more frequently: More than 50% of respondents follow a written pre-deployment checklist. Among them, larger email teams were more likely to follow checklists and, thus, avoid errors.
- Build in email testing automation to reduce errors: Since pre-deployment testing remains a manual process for most marketers, there’s room for error. Regardless of team size or frequency of sending, testing automation is a step toward eliminating errors.
- Larger teams tend to believe their In this case, brands that send more campaigns in a shorter time are more likely to send mistakes in emails. In this case, the most common mistakes include errors in email copy, wrong links, and wrong recipients. See how your email team
10 common email marketing mistakes
Email marketing mistakes can be both unexpected and costly. Whether there’s a rendering issue in the inbox, you’ve sent an email to the wrong recipient, or you’ve dispatched email copy that’s riddled with formatting, spelling, and grammar mistakes, the repercussions India Business Email List of these mistakes can affect your ROI.
In this section, we’ll go over the 10 common email marketing mistakes. Let’s get started!
1. Letting the quality drop because of a pressing deadline
Most of us have probably been here. Your email deadline is approaching, and you begin to panic about whether you’ll meet it. As a result, you take shortcuts and end up sending a lackluster email.
How to avoid this: Have a concrete plan well ahead of time. Working on a campaign close to the deadline isn’t wrong, but having a plan can help you manage your time. If you have two weeks to complete a project, set aside the first week to plan things like design and spend the next week in creation. Advance planning helps save time and reduces
Maintaining a marketing calendar is another handy tip – you can mark your campaign dates, important schedules, and holidays to see what you’ll need to complete and by when, without any hassle.
2. Your images don’t render for all your readers
There are days when you perfectly align images with text, strike a healthy and form the perfect email. What’s worse than realizing a portion of your subscribers aren’t able to see the images at all due to rendering issues? Knowing all that hard work went down the drain can be dispiriting.
How to avoid this: Check your images in our UAE Cell Number functionality. Campaign Precheck will verify that the images in your email will render promptly and properly for all subscribers. You’ll know if there’s an issue that needs fixing before you hit send.